6 Helpful Apps for Summer Road Trips
Summer is here and your vacation destination is calling! The Towne Lake community pools have been put to heavy use the last week or two, between the school year ending and 90+ degree temperatures. However, the beach or other fun travel destination may be more of what you had in mind for spending your summer.
For those venturing out for a summer road trip, Ursula & Associates wanted to provide a list of apps to help make your travels a little easier.
Here are six apps you won’t want to leave Cherokee County without:
1. Roadtrippers – An app to help you see more between points A and B. Simply enter your route on the in-app maps and let experienced travelers tell you which detours are the best. Or, if you have no real agenda, you can select a premade itinerary and let the app lead the way.
2. TuneIn – Will your drive take you through less populated areas (like south Georgia on the drive to Florida)? These areas can have few radio stations and leave you roaming the airways a lot. TuneIn contains livestreams for 100,000 radio stations from around the world. Check in on the game from several states away. This app lets you say goodbye to static and constant channel-changing.
3. Roadside America – This app collects the country's weirdest, strangest and downright silliest tourist attractions from museums of the odd, unusual architecture, classic attractions and tourist traps. Users can see maps, a list of nearby attractions, search by name, zip code, or city, and filter through 70+ categories. The app will provide directions, addresses, hours, contact information, photo galleries and the all-important user reviews.
4. Gogobot - This social travel app helps you find places to eat, stay and play. Gogobot's globetrotting community of users upload photos, information, and ratings for the sites, while also tagging them based on different interests, such as family, foodie, local, outdoor, budget and adventure. You can explore an area ahead of time on Gogobot and save points of interest to a list in the app, saving you time while on the road.
5. iExit – How many times have you sweated whether you were going to run out of gas or taken the first exit you came to for food, only to find, a few exits later, much better dining options? The iExit app tells you what’s available at upcoming highway exits. Using your location, iExit looks at upcoming exits and gives you a list of restaurants, hotels, gas stations, rest areas, etc. This app has proven to be a lifesaver on more than one occasion and you won’t know how you drove long distance without this app once you try it.
6. Triposo - Driving through a sparsely populate area or high into the mountains, wifi access can be sporadic. Triposo puts offline maps and travel guides onto your phone so you can use them even in dead zones. Before you download maps and guides for any destination, Triposo helpfully lets you know how much space they will take up on your phone. And, when you pull up a destination on Triposo, it offers top sightseeing suggestions, a weather forecast and additional ways to explore your destination.Wherever your travels take you this summer, may you have an amazing time and create many priceless memories. Safe travels to you and we’ll see you back in Cherokee County soon.
Ursula & Associates is a residential real estate team specializing in Towne Lake/ Woodstock, Cherokee and East Cobb Counties and are the number 1 home sellers in zip code 30189.
We represent buyers in all areas. Call us direct for a free consultation 678-569-4044.
Keller Williams Realty Partners – Reach our broker: 678-494-0644