Does Moving Up Make Sense?
These questions will help you decide whether you’re ready for a home that’s larger or in a more desirable location. If you answer yes to most of the questions, it’s a sign that you may be ready to move.
Does moving up make sense?
1. Have you built substantial equity in your current home? Look at your annual mortgage statement or call your lender to find out. Usually, you don’t build up much equity in the first few years of your mortgage, as monthly payments are mostly interest, but if you’ve owned your home for five or more years, you may have significant, unrealized gains.
2. Has your income or financial situation improved? If you’re making more money, you may be able to afford higher mortgage payments and cover the costs of moving.
3. Have you outgrown your neighborhood? The neighborhood you pick for your first home might not be the same neighborhood you want to settle down in for good. For example, you may have realized that you’d like to be closer to your job or live in a better school district.
Are there reasons why you can’t remodel or add on? Sometimes you can create a bigger home by adding a new room or building up. But if your property isn’t large enough, your municipality doesn’t allow it, or you’re simply not interested in remodeling, then moving to a bigger home may be your best option.
4. Are you comfortable moving in the current housing market? If your market is hot, your home may sell quickly and for top dollar, but the home you buy also will be more expensive. If your market is slow, finding a buyer may take longer, but you’ll have more selection and better pricing as you seek your new home.
5. Are interest rates attractive? A low rate not only helps you buy a larger home, but also makes it easier to find a buyer.
Above information courtesy of Realtor.mag
Ursula & Associates is a residential real estate team specializing in Towne Lake/ Woodstock, Cherokee and East Cobb Counties and are the number 1 home sellers in zip code 30189.
Please call Ursula & Associates to discuss your potential Home Value in Woodstock, Canton or South Cherokee County (with specialists in Towne Lake) 678-569-4044.
We represent buyers in all areas. Call us direct for a free consultation 678-569-4044.
Keller Williams Realty Partners – Reach our broker: 678-494-0644
Search Cherokee County Homes For Sale Here:
Search Cherokee County Homes by Bedroom Search Cherokee County Homes by...
You know that expression about loose lips sinking ships? It holds true for selling your ho...
Many home sellers make the critical mistake of thinking all Realtors® are the same. They ...
One of the major factors in getting your house to sell quickly is simply put: make it attr...